Vanguard Ministries International
Financial Accountability Statement
“So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.” (1 Corinthians 4:1-2)
We have a responsibility to be faithful stewards and to maintain integrity and openness in our financial practices. Therefore, we are committed to fulfilling sound, Biblical standards. We present needs to God's people, then trust the Holy Spirit to touch the hearts of those whom He wants to participate in meeting those needs.
Because the Lord supplies us with resources for ministry through individual contributions, we recognize our accountability both to Him and to our donors. We have a responsibility to be faithful stewards and to maintain integrity and openness in our financial practices. Therefore, we are committed to fulfilling the following standards:
- Subscribing to a written Statement of Faith clearly affirming our commitment to the evangelical Christian doctrine.
Advancing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is the singular objective of our financial conduct.
- Maintaining governance by a responsible and involved Board of Directors, the majority of who are independent
according to legal and accountability standards.
- Meeting as necessary to establish policies, approve budgets, and review operational results and ministry
- Using contributions faithfully and wisely in accordance with our mission of meeting critical needs in ways that earn a
hearing for the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. In this light, fund-raising appeals will clearly identify the purposes and
programs to which donations will be applied as the Board provides oversight to ensure that donations are used for
the purposes for which they are raised.
- Directing that contributions designated for specific projects be applied to those projects with the disclosure that up
to ten percent of a contribution may be used for administering the gift. Occasionally, Vanguard Ministries
International (VMI) may receive more contributions for a designated project than can be wisely applied to that
project. In that event, VMI will endeavor to use the funds for a similar pressing need.
- Contracting with an independent public accounting firm to perform an annual audit of our finances and ensure our
financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Making our financial statements available on the Vanguard Ministries International (VMI) website and to all who
- Making the annual Form 990 available on the VMI website and to all who request the information.
- Maintaining and complying with the Conflict of Interest Policy, Code of Ethics, and conduct activities with the highest
standards of integrity and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Appointing an Audit Committee to review the annual audit, other financial documentation, and report findings to
- Avoid high-pressure, manipulative, or deceptive fund-raising tactics and respect the privacy of our supporters by
never selling, leasing, or renting our mailing lists. We maintain tight security on our list of friends and supporters.
- Avoiding indebtedness that dishonors the cause of Christ and hinders the work of the Gospel by timely paying
vendors and fulfilling financial commitments.